Elixxir’s serums contain what are known as active ingredients. These are organic substances that show therapeutic and measurable benefits to the skin once they are applied. They have been studied by scientific methods and lead to dramatic improvements in that you will notice with use.
Some important active ingredients that you will notice in Elixxir’s product line up include:
- Technological advancements
- Growth Factors – derived from Stem Cell harvesting
- One of the most innovative developments in redesigning scar tissue & all forms of wound healing
- Stimulates new cell growth regenerating youthful skin
- Zinc Fingers – promotes rapid repair to damaged DNA & RNA Crucial evolution in the reversal of ALL skin conditions that dramatically enhances the appearance of the skin, health restoration & has preventative qualities
Retinaldehyde (Vitamin A)
Contained in all of Elixxir’s ‘A’ Formulas. Strongest anti-aging effects of all ingredients in skin care.
Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
Contained in Elixxir’s ‘B’ Formulas. Absolutely essential stimulator of blood supply (and hence food) to the skin.
Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
Contained in Elixxir’s ‘C’ Formulas. State of the art anti-oxidant in powdered form.
Cell wall derivative which increases penetration of all other actives into deeper layers of the skin.
Epidermal & Keratinocyte Growth Factor
Powerful skin growth factors and natural wound healer.
Clever little active that acts as an anti-oxidant and skin remodele.
1,3 Beta Glucan
Strong stimulator of skin immunity and collagen production by activating macrophages.
Hyaluronic Acid & Liquid Crystals
Serious medical-grade skin moisturisers.
GHK- Copper Peptides
Powerful collagen/elastin stimulators.
Skin health promoting benefits.
Powerful anti-oxidant & protectant.
For a full list of all the actives used in the range please click here.
For a copy of research summaries supporting our ingredients please click here.
Of these ingredients, one is particularly important and a component that no modern skin care regime should be without – some have dubbed it the ‘liquid gold of skin care’ – Retinaldehyde.
One of the basic founding pillars of the Elixxir Skin Care System is Retinaldehyde, which is a form of Vitamin A. We know that Vitamin A derivatives are the most important anti-ageing substances that you can put on your skin!
Some of the amazing benefits or Retinaldehyde include:
- Stimulates Fibroblasts in the dermis of your skin to produce collagen/elastin
- Increases cell turnover in the epidermis of your skin; smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles
- Increases the circulation to the skin, increasing its food supply and making it healthier
- Normalises oil production in areas where sebaceous glands are overactive
- Lightens hyperpigmentation in areas where there is irregular or splotchy pigment
- Maintains the epidermal cell cycle at youthful levels
Retinaldehyde – unlike Retin-A, can be stored in the skin, is non-irritating and non-sun sensitising!